â€śDiscipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishmentâ€ť
Jul 6, 2020
“Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment”
There is so much talk of social media and its importance in business today.
I agree, however like most things, you must be disciplined in order to have success.
While headed down to Dallas on a Southwest flight, I was perusing the
Southwest In-Flight Magazine, I stumbled on an article by Helene Sula, who is blogger
and author of Helene in Between. In her article, she made some very salient points
about social media which I believe everyone reading should take note.
“Many people feel that “the more likes” one has the better.
…maybe not, here are a few things to ponder”
· Forget about your follower count…just be authentic
· Focus on generating ENGAGEMENT, not follower count
· People are going to listen to accounts they love and connect with
· Know “WHY” and your “purpose” for sharing – be authentic
· If it doesn’t echo your purpose, rethink what you’re sharing
· You can be “relatable” or “admirable” – either way, they want your story
· People want to “relate to you”, that’s the authentic part
· Pose questions and answer them
· Ensure a positive connection with every touch.”
Be disciplined about your message, make sure it’s not “salesy”.
Be consistent, and drive relevant messages where your tribe is saying,
‘I can use that, and I want more’
Until next week, I’m sending out my very best to you…Cliff
Jumpstart Monday 2020 Cliff Quicksell, MAS+